Google author marketing and a rabbit hole will magically appear that Alice wouldn’t want to dissappear into. Nothing prepared me for the world after my novel was published and one article won’t either. Fortunately, I have read several and I am working my way out of Wonderland to meet my marketing goals.
What I have learned thus far:
– My pricing was wrong (Anything over $10 is a luxury to potential readers, yet the same potential readers will buy $100 Adele tickets. Yes, that was shade.)
– I need a publicist (Because news organizations are bombarded by press releases, events, and various emails. An email from a long standing contact or a professional is easier to get through to a news organization)
– I need an assistant and a street team and a stylist (For obvious reasons)
– I need a strong social media presence on every platform (Even Periscope. Why, I still have not figured that part out)
– I need a generous benefactor so I can quit my full-time job and part time jobs (So I can devout the next few months to falling down the rabbit hole)